Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple volunteers needed 8am-noon 9/22 @ Bladensburg Waterfront Park in your kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple volunteers needed 8am-noon 9/22 @ Bladensburg Waterfront Park in your kayak

I put this up at short notice requesting a couple kayak folks who might have some time tomorrow morn to paddle your kayak around in the Anacostia River and watch over some senior citizens who may be paddling for the 1st or 2nd time. This event kicks off P.G. County's Active Aging Week. Seniors from around PG County congregate here to participate in several activities, including kayaking. Previously, this event was held @ Lake Artemesia....but this year it will be the tidal Anacostia @ Bladensburg Waterfront Park. There will be 2 county Rangers in the water too so you will not be alone.We have no way of knowing how many seniors will be on the water at once so the more kayak observers the better. Your role will be to encourage the seniors to paddle around and have fun & talk about kayaking....and to watch for turtled kayakers. You may bring your fishing gear too. I will be on a bike keeping the trails snake-free for the walkers. Should you be stopped by someone doing parking duty as you enter the park, just tell them that John sent you & that you are a volunteer and you need to launch your kayak. That way you will be able to park near the boat launch. The event actually begins @ 9am but some seniors arrive early so arrive by 8:30am. I will be there @ 7:45am. Our committee will be setting up @8am. Thanks for reading. Also, if you know of any seniors reciding in PG County, please tell them about this event and invite them to come out and participate.
Working...
X