Bleu cat tacos tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleu cat tacos tonight

I got out on the Port Tobacco River this morning to chase some blue cats. I seem to have better luck catching the eating size cats on worms and livers than cut bait so that's what I was using. The farther I got away from the state park the better the bite was. The commercial guys net that area pretty hard from what I've heard. clm (Chip) had told me that as well. You can see the Nice Bridge if zoomed in on this pic.
    This is my biggest of the day, 22 inches and weighed in just over 5 lbs
    And my take home was a nice full stringer.
    Last edited by whiskerfish; 05-02-2015, 05:11 PM.
    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

good job buddy.....that big one looks like a channel cat!!
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Your stringer beat mine. I pulled 5 out at Fort Washington. I'm hitting myrtle grove in about an hour. Taking the ascend this time, it hasn't been getting as much love since I got the hobie. I have not had much luck there from the bank, maybe the yak will change that. Nice catch. Maybe I will see you out on the water soon. I'm dying to try the bridge and see if there are any monsters there. I tried to pedal there from chapel point once....I didn't make it. It is a lot farther than it looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Kevin, yes I believe it was a channel. Everything else I tugged on board was a blue.

Chip, I've been out in Myrtle Grove a couple times. Last year DNR allowed jug fishing in non-tridal so I worked some jugs and only caught a couple bullheads. No jugs this year in non-tidal and can't start using them this year until July. I plan on jugging out on the Port Tobacco/Potomac when it opens.

I read somewhere on here that you can launch at the bridge at Aqualand, but I think it costs $8.
        Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Working...
        X