Fish Wearing Jewely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Wearing Jewely

by that i mean, have you caught a fish, striper or other fish with another hook, lure, etc already in it's mouth? makes me wonder what happens when the unfortunate snap happens. i have snagged someone elses broken line and brought in a bluefish once at Metapeake, wonder how long the blue was on, cant imagine more than a few hours from the look of it.
    sigpic

Here is an interesting story.

http://bayweekly.com/articles/sporti...ng-twice-fight
    Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

i hope someone gets my rig back from the 3 horseshoe crabs that i pulled up this morning at the severn navy marina almost had them to the top of the wall when my line snapped

Comment

there is a $400 combo 7' shimano termer rod MH fast action and a shimano Currado 201e LH Baitcast reel living between piling 47 and 46 on the westbound lane. If anyone catches that jewelry ill pay a finders return fee.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

ouch, it will be hanging up in anglers couple years from now

Comment

Several years ago during spring trophy season I caught my personal best @ 49" and 49#. Took 15 minutes to winch it in on 30# gear with a Shimano TLD and 40# line. When my 8 oz parachute reached the back of the boat there was no sign of what was putting up such a fight. Turns out my lure was hooked in the eye of a 3 way swivel with 2 snap swivels attached with leaders to barrel swivels and more leader to 2 additional chutes, a 4 oz and an 8 oz. Attached to the 4 oz white bullet head parachute was my biggest ever. I wound it in and I'm claiming the catch. Someone elses knot slipped. Don't know how long that rock had all that hardware, but it must have been over 2 pounds worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
              Several years ago during spring trophy season I caught my personal best @ 49" and 49#. Took 15 minutes to winch it in on 30# gear with a Shimano TLD and 40# line. When my 8 oz parachute reached the back of the boat there was no sign of what was putting up such a fight. Turns out my lure was hooked in the eye of a 3 way swivel with 2 snap swivels attached with leaders to barrel swivels and more leader to 2 additional chutes, a 4 oz and an 8 oz. Attached to the 4 oz white bullet head parachute was my biggest ever. I wound it in and I'm claiming the catch. Someone elses knot slipped. Don't know how long that rock had all that hardware, but it must have been over 2 pounds worth.
              That's the best one i have heard.

I caught a catfish at roosevelt island with a high-low rig attached to its face. The top hook had a dead bloated 5" perch.

I also caught a big a@ss ray in the keys with at least 5 rigs hanging out of its mouth. It must have swept the old 7-mile bridge/fishing pier the night before and reeked havoc. We got all the rigs minus 1 that it swallowed.

Not attached to a fish but this year Sandy Point we pulled about 100 yards of I'm guessing 80lb spectra from the snag monster with lots of 4 oz sinkers and rigs. We got the tag end of the line close to shore and wrapped it around a piece of drift wood and pulled the sucker loose. Sad to say it had no effect on that monster and it ate 4 more of our rigs that day. There must be a ton of sinkers tied up in that mess.

Comment

Steelhead fishing in Erie PA you would catch fish with jewelery all the time. Mostly flies that the fly fishermen lost but you could find spinners and spoons from time to time. Was fishing Presque Isle Bay in Erie one day for perch when a steelhead took a run with someones rod. About a half hour later another guy snagged his line, reeled the pole in and landed the steelhead before giving the guy his rod back. Don't remember who kept the fish Capt C Hawk, I think that is the best one I have ever heard though! what are the odds of snagging the swivel Good fishin

Chimo

Comment

Working...
                X