No announcement yet.

Kayak fishing based out of an apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think keeping it on top of your rug is a legitimate solution if you have a way to protect it from uv....I did that with my canoe and it DID encourage me to fish more. Eventually, however, since I didn't protect it it did warp a bit which slowed it down. If it rides hull down in cradles I'd say that is the solution. Drag it into the apt only when you have to and store with a buddy in winter

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I fished nearly every night after work the summer I let the canoe on top of my truck

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I stored my yak on tip of my car for a Summer. Never even locked it up. It was a Big Game, ain't nobody want that I guess... LOL Only issue I had with that was the hull got a little deformed where the straps were, I guess the high heat and the pressure from the straps. I put mine hull side up. But it always went back to normal. The other was my gas mileage. I got a small car that gives me 39-40 mpg per tank. That dip to 34-35 hurt my feelings. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
          Also remember the more of a pain it is to use, the less likely you are to go fishing. Instead of being excited to use your boat and enjoy being outside doing something you enjoy/love to do...you'll dread it and be less inclined to go out.
          That is my biggest fear with it. I have no doubt that I could get the kayak up and down three flights of stairs (maybe with help), but if its a real chore (which is sounds like it would be) I don't want to resent the whole process and rarely take it out.

But thanks for the thoughts guys, a lot of good ideas so far. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be out of the apartment and this won't be an issue anymore... but I'm not trying to wait that long to get on the water in some capacity.
          Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
          Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Comment

Working...
          X