X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August M&G OC/ 50 Gateway Bridge/ AsaBay

AUGUST MEET AND GREET
    Where:
    Commercial Boat Ramp off Golf Course RD. (free to launch and park)
    When: Saturday August 13 2011 @ 0700
    Who: Kayak Anglers, Beginer to Seasoned Vets
    What: We will target: Flounder, Stripper, Blues, Tautog, Sea Robins, Croaker, Kingfish, and every other species that swims these waters.

Areas in the immediate area accessable to fish include OC inlet, assateauge back bays, and US 50 Ocean Gateway Bridge.

For those who are weary of swift current behind assateague island the current isnt as strong.

For those weary of boat traffic, the area is WELL patroled by Police and Coast Guard ships. Boats are limited to 5kts and I personally have had less issues fishing there than the Bay Bridge.

There are numerous Tackle shops adjacent to the launch even some that carry Live spot.

Attached are pictures of the area:

The ramp is at the intersection of Golf Course Road and Sunset.

0700 will allow us to fish the last 40 minutes of the outgoing tide (perfect for flounder) Then explore and fish the incoming tide. Blue Moon and Nacho arrangements are TBD.

Tent/Trailer camping: there are multiple locations in the are, Check out Castaway's castawaysrvoc.com‎
    Last edited by Pinch; 07-21-2011, 11:48 PM.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

OK I'm there. BTW did your hobie get fixed?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Man i'm gonna miss this one. I will be stuck in traffic leaving the outer banks.

Go get em and post lots of pics.

Comment

aight....i guess its set!

for those who plan on camping, castaways is a great camp ground, they have electricity, water, and showers and is prob 1 min away from the marina.
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Aug 6th not Aug 13th? M&G's are usually 2nd Saturday...???

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
            Aug 6th not Aug 13th? M&G's are usually 2nd Saturday...???
            adjusted thanks
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              adjusted thanks
              Whew! I can make Aug 13th!! Tks!

Comment

I'll be there for sure. I'll ask myself if I can have off that day.

Comment

if im not taking a lie detector test saturday i will probably be there.... anyone for a quick breakfast paddle to harborside for crushs?????
                  Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    adjusted thanks
                    Sweet...wasnt sure I could make it on the 6th but now I'm def. In!
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

OC inlet on a Saturday with a bunch of Yakers ? .......... have fun guys ......

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                        OC inlet on a Saturday with a bunch of Yakers ? .......... have fun guys ......
                        Ive been in many worse places than OC inlet. Yes there are alot of boats to include head boats, tour boats, Jet ski's (on guided tours) However; they all drive super slow Ive had worse experiences at SPSP, Jonas, Solomons, and the bay bridge. Most Kayak anglers i know are smart enough to be aware of their surroundings and move when need be. We share the water with our over priced gas fed brethren. There is less traffic as you head out behind assateague island to the productive airport grounds. There is also almost no one that fishes the shallow bars between the east and west channel near the 50 bridge. Ive caught more quality fish there were the boaters dont attempt to go. Friendly waves happen often aswell as the bewildered look when we yakers hook up more frequently than the boats. If there is any new guys heading out i would be more then willing to stick around and help them out and i know there are alot of more seasoned anglers than I on here that will help. This gesture is not meant to cradle the new guys more so as a gesture to help further the sport i/we have grown to enjoy.

My first fishing trip out of a kayak was at the May or June M&G i cant remember. I showed up and it was a little choppy but Moc (martin) was there. I followed him around almost all day and he showed me the bottom fishing technique from the kayak. I really enjoyed this experience and it is one i will remember for awhile. That and the blue moon and nacho combo!
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Given I'll likely be in my canoe, I plan on running down behind Assateague and leaving the real lumpy stuff to the kayakers. I plan on having a good time whether I catch fish or not. Can't be worse than getting blown off the water at PLO in June!

Did I understand that someone was advocating meeting for breakfast someplace?
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I am tentitively in! I just need to hitch a ride with anyone capable of allowing me, my revo and gear to hitch a ride to OC. I will be open to any days and any time. I am located in Glenn Dale, MD. I am more than willing to split the expenses. I will also look into following someone if hitching a ride is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                              I am tentitively in! I just need to hitch a ride with anyone capable of allowing me, my revo and gear to hitch a ride to OC. I will be open to any days and any time. I am located in Glenn Dale, MD. I am more than willing to split the expenses. I will also look into following someone if hitching a ride is not possible.
                              I should be able to give you a ride and I get good gas mileage. Ill be stopping to stretch the legs acouple of times on the way down. Only took 2hrs 15 minutes last time i made the drive.

thats almost like going to PLO...
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X