Crabbing license ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabbing license ????

Anyone having trouble buying a crabbing license?

I click these on Compass
    365 Bay and Coastal
    365 Non-tidal
    365 trout

I try and click 365 recreational crabbing and get "A previous purchase or product selection disallows the purchase of this product"

{EDIT} Dumdass user, got to click crabbing Add for $2 on not the $5 version. DNR is complaining about me donating too much money.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Half the time I visit WallyWorld sporting section, the entire 'terminal' is either down, down-for-maintenance, or "not working" i'm not sure if it's the Wally side, or the DNR side.

Highly recommend printing an extra copy for your truck/car glove box, and I have the Mrs. laminate one at her work i.e. WATERPROOF more or less. Still keep in drybox, but adds another level of comfort. You never know when the law magically/sneakily pulls up behind you unannounced...

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
      Highly recommend printing an extra copy for your truck/car glove box, and I have the Mrs. laminate one at her work i.e. WATERPROOF more or less. Still keep in drybox, but adds another level of comfort. You never know when the law magically/sneakily pulls up behind you unannounced...
      That's the way I do it as well. I keep one laminated copy of all my licenses in a waterproof pouch in the seatback of the kayak and another copy in my wallet. Having a third copy kept in the car is a good idea as well.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

I buy them online and fold into a zip lock sandwich bag. I use a Waly's World $10 dry box that the keys, iPhone and license are all in.

The same for hunting also I print two lisenses and one gets my water fowl stamps and going in my blind bag and the second without waterfowl stamps go into the day pack for all other kinds of hunting with my permisision slips and such. I chnage the zip lock every year and have never had a problem. You can't laminate your hunting license as the game record needs to be filled out everytime you shoot a deer or turkey. They can fine you alone for just not have that even if you checked in every single animal on your DNR app. If checked in electronically the paper aspect should be gone. My DNR app should serve as everything for the officer. Maybe someday on 2030
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

I too print multiple copies for my wallet, car, and dry box that stays in my kayak. I also save the document as a PDF that I can keep on my phone, or reprint it in the unlikely event that I loose all printed copies.
          MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
          2016 Hobie Outback LE
          Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
          https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

I keep one in my pfd and one in a see through dry container. I laminate them using these I buy at Walmart. They can be found in different sizes.

Comment

Maybe this year I will be checked by the DNR. Once I was visited by the DNR police in the Severn. The officer asked me how fishing was and then asked to see my license. When I went to retrieve it from the middle hatch of my Revo, he said,
              "nevermind". Must have been my honest face or the lack of fish onboard...probably the latter.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'll admit, obviously that picture is from the Severn, and as you can see, it was getting close to dusk and I should have already been traveling back to Jonas Green.

As a water vessel he has every right for inspection, I also think I held up my license and he waived me off saying he didn't need to "see it" but he did cite/warn me that I needed the 360* white light and emergency noise device (which I had left both in my truck).
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Ya'll aint never been checked like I was checked for hunting one time.

Warm january morning and goose hunting on the Potomac. So much fog on the water I was afraid fo motoring through the rapids to get away from where the people hike the canal. Setup and someone hiking didn't know you could hunt and called 911 and told them we were shooting at them. Only if they were flying! I saw several federal wardens go up and down the canal and told the guy I was with, "Something is going on, we should head in." I pull up to the ramp and soon a Federal Warden pull up and exits with an AR15 in hand and finger clearly in the safe mode. Told my buddy "Hands up!" to which he was shocked and confused. In short order there were 3 Federal wardens, two Md DNR officers and 2 local police cars on the ramp. No one was getting in and out.

DNR officer, now retired, tried tripping me up saying they had the shot to prove I was shooting at them. I called BS and offered to cut open a 3" shell and throw the shot as high as I could, which is much less than a shotgun could do and bet him hed hardly find any. Plus we were not shooting at anyone unless they were flying as I wouldn't call any level shots for safety reasons. They checked my gear, guns and boat and we ended up leaving shaking hands with everyone, no paying paper or even a scolding.

Turned out to be my most interesting DNR check ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbayrunner View Post
                    I keep one in my pfd and one in a see through dry container. I laminate them using these I buy at Walmart. They can be found in different sizes.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23145[/ATTACH]
                    That is a great find. I did not know that they make self ticking laminate sheets that did not require a machine. I am going to get some, thanks.
                    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE
                    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
                    X