Speaker at the Annapolis Angler Club meeting - June 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker at the Annapolis Angler Club meeting - June 19

I was invited to speak at the June 19 meeting of the Annapolis Anglers Club (AAC) starting at 7:00. My topic is The Fishing Comfort Zone – How and Where Do You Most Enjoy Fishing. AAC meetings are open to the public. Spouses and children are welcome to attend. Drawings are held for table prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Tickets are $5 for each drawing. Since the AAC does not have membership dues, meeting attendees are asked to support the club by purchasing table prize and 50/50 tickets.

The AAC meets at the American Legion Post #7, 1905 Crownsville Rd, Annapolis MD. Food and drinks are available at very reasonable prices at the American Legion Post. Arrive early, have dinner, and help support the American Legion Post as well. Get your table prize and 50/50 tickets as you come in to the meeting room through the double doors off of the large parking area.

I will describe what is meant by a “comfort zone,” how to determine your own fishing comfort zone, and how my own personal fishing comfort zone has evolved over 30 years. The presentation will describe some of the techniques, equipment, and light tackle I use to target fish in the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries, and in Florida waters (including hooking 3 bonefish this morning in Biscayne Bay).
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Just a reminder - my talk is on Wed evening. As an added inducement, I will have many photos of different fish species I have caught scattered throughout the slides. For about 20 of the less common species, I will ask the audience to identify the species. Whoever guesses correctly for each one will get a small tackle prize (limit 1 per person).
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X