My productive fishing year in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My productive fishing year in 2019

During 2019 I fished hard and had some amazing catches. I fished 167 days this year (more than 120 of those from kayaks), caught 62 species in all, with 20 of those being new-to-me species. In addition, I caught 14 personal best sized fish of species I had previously caught.

As I wrote out a story about the highlights of 2019, the amount of text and photos kept growing. I decided to put it into a book. As I thought more about this year, I realized that it was one of two years in which I had some very special fishing memories. I included a section from 2012 too. During that year, in spite of frequent out-of-town travel and living in a cold-weather climate, I still managed to catch at least one fish during every calendar week of the year. I also caught a huge white perch that eventually allowed me to win a new boat, motor, and trailer in the 2012 Maryland Fishing Challenge.

I am pleased to announce the publication of my fourth book - "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember". This book contains 170 color photos of all sorts of interesting fish. It was written as an extended story rather than as a "how-to fishing book". But I do include some discussion on how I like to catch certain species of fish. The cover photos shows me fighting my Fish of the Year -- a 100-lb tarpon that I caught from a kayak. The Miami skyline is in the background. The fish itself is pictured on the back cover.

front cover.jpg back cover.jpg

The book is available on Amazon now. You can also buy direct from me to save a bit. I will have a table at the Jan 18 HOW fishing flea market at the Odenton fire hall. Stop by and get an autographed copy.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"
Working...
X