Wonderful Maryland fishing location opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Maryland fishing location opportunities

Every time I load up my Outback, I am faced with hard decisions- but really good ones- where will I launch from this time? I live in northern Charles County Maryland just south of the Prince Georges County line on Route 5. I am really close to Mattawoman Creek, Gilbert Run (Wheatley Lake) and Port Tobacco...all of southern Maryland is fairly close- about 40 miles to Clark's landing, 50 miles to Piney Point, about the same to St. Jerome's Creek, and 55 miles to PLO...for some unexplained reason, I don't ever fish north; always south...Mallow's Bay, Friendship Landing, Harry Nice Bridge hot ditch... all get my visits....with so many choices it is difficult to settle into any sort of pattern...every one of these launches are sources of excellent fishing- and the more I fish them the more familiar I get with the fishing patterns, especially Piney Point and St. Jerome's Creek...I am tired of hanging up on big cownose rays for hours on end, so I have been leery of fishing St. J's recently but only for a short time- I am chomping at the bit to get back there this fall for some nice eating fish for the table- and I want to fish around the route 4 bridge at Solomon's Island...should be some nice speckled trout hanging around there...there are just so many wonderful local Maryland fishing opportunities to explore and get familiar with that it will take years of time to do it justice, maybe a lifetime- what lures (and color patterns) to use, what techniques to work these lures, what times of year different species of fish are here...some folks on this forum are species specific experts...want to catch Pike...ask John...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Working...
X