Janes island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moc View Post
    Great Tufnik! We will be on channel 69. IF it is too noisy then we will switch back to 68. I will also have my cell with me.
    Got it, moc!

You guys wake up dang too early, but I guess you'll get the fish. It'll take me 3 1/2 hrs to get there.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ill be hittin the Diamonds, and the False Channel tomorrow around Cooks Point at the mouth of the Choptank. First time headin that far out of the Choptank.
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

one thing to say about today, WINDY!!! white caps on the canal! went up the canal across from the ramp and fished the cuts up there wind was a pain in the a.. all morning. caught 2 14" reds a 13" croaker a couple pebbles and a spot, the last red had someones elses rig in its mouth, got that out and sent it on its way. moc and tuf went south towards chrisfield but got out in the sound and it was rough. would have been an epic day if the wind wasnt blowing 25kts

Comment

Windy is right! It was a pleasure fishing with you guys. Wish your long drive had yielded better results.

I headed down a day early and fished Friday 9/15 and Saturday 9/16. Friday really was a beautiful day out there, and that was worth the cost of a campsite. I managed a dink slam both days, catching redfish, trout, and stripers, all smalls.

@surfdog: You just had to mention Royal Farms chicken over the radio. I forgot to eat anything before hitting the water and I was starving. After packing up all my stuff I tracked down a Royal Farms like a hungry wolf and got myself some chicken. Hit the spot.

When I hit 50 I headed east to Ocean City to try and get my flounder fix fishing off the 50 bridge. Used my standard technique, jigging a bucktail and gulp, but only got short strikes from the flounder. I did catch a 22 inch redfish of all things. All that time we spent humping around pristine salt marsh and I couldn't buy a keeper anything. Get out on that big ugly bridge, and I stick a nice slot red. Didn't keep him, though, he's still swimming.

ps- It's bike week in OC. Don't go to OC in a car with a kayak on top on a Saturday during bike week. Unless chrome-plated, leather-bound traffic jams is your kind of thing.

Comment

nice Jsquare! saw all the bikers heading to OC. missed the first Royal Farm and didn't see another till easton but worth the wait! by then my stomach was rubbing on my backbone.

tuf nick said he was going to chincataque. i wunder how he did

Comment

Working...
            X