Fishing at the TKAA Tourny this past week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing at the TKAA Tourny this past week

Thought I might start a thread for all the fun and lack of sizable fish to be found. I arrived at the Hotel parking lot on Friday morning at about 0400. I left my house Thursday night about 10pm after a long day at work where I worked a double. Made a few stops to catch a little sleep at get something to eat. I went via route 301 south from I-97 to rt 17 in VA to I 64 to the Hotel. On my return trip home Saturday night, I took rt 13 north to rt 50 in Salisbury to home in Severna Pk. Much faster route and places to stop for food or a place to take a nap if need be. I couldn't check in until after 5 as I was rooming with Echo5Oscar who got there about 5pm, Time enough to get a shower and do the captains meeting. Everything was organized and was run like a fine oiled machine. After I unpacked I discovered that I forgot to bring my main gear and bait's bag and had to go to the local tackle shop to replace all the stuff that I thought I needed. After about $70 later I was ready to do a little pre fishing on Friday a few other MKF guys. Myself, Moc Echo5Oscar and a couple others hit a local state park area that has produced nice Specs and Flounder in the past. Got alot of small Specs, Black Bass and a few other species all of which were SMALL!!!!!. After the captains meeting most of the MKF'ers decided our plans for Saturday fishing. As of bed time, I had planned to fish with JFoley on the same area that I had pre-fished the day prior with a few modifications. Unfortunately, I had no change in my results. I managed to land an 11" Spec but it needed to be 14" to count and a 9.5" croaker. Fun catching both but that was all I could do. I neglected to mention that it RAINED Saturday ALL DAY while we were fishing. Foley caught and boated a NICE 15" (I think that was the size he told me) unfortunately while trying to photo and measure it, the fish made a leap of faith and rescued itself from the anglers grasps'. LOL Overall Pinch brought life to the awards ceremony with his usual banter and love of life. Thank Pinch, I needed that!!!! Damn I wish I was as cool as Pinch!!! LOL. I'm looking forward to December when the big stripers are due to arrive at Kipto. I will be there this year. I never did get to fish or even see Kipto and that place is on my bucket list. I really wanted to win that hook Charm that Echo5oscar won so looks like I gotta find where they got the freebie ones that were given to all the vets.
    All in All it was a good time had by all. Just not what I had dreamed that the TKAA Tourney would be. Wasn't FUN for me... However I will be back next year. They do need to work on the Captains bags. Our bags at CBKA were MUCH BETTER stocked with tackle. I got 2 packs of leaders in my captains bag and that was it as far as tackle or gear. The premier bags had sunglass holders (cables) which seperated the regular from the premier bags. Like I said all in all it was a good time just not what I had expected. I'm sure had I had a winning fish I would have had a better time but thats why its called fishing and not catching. I will be back next year!!!
    Last edited by medicyaker; 09-30-2012, 03:25 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.
Working...
X