Year In Review 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year In Review 2012.

I have not posted many reports this year but this was not due to a lack of fishing (edit: It was more likely due to the number of guests out numbering members 3-1 now. If you want tips about new areas or different things to try PM me) . 2012 was a banner year breaking all but 2 of my previous personal bests and catching 18 different species.
    This past season I along with Redfish12, Grilled, Yakfisher, and Rockchaser competed together in the online Kayak tournament, Kayak Wars (http://kayakwars.com/index.php). We finished 6th in overall points for the Northeast division out of 34 teams with a total of 8425 points and 4th for overall total inches at 986.5''. Took the new All time Kayak Wars record for Sheepshead with this 27'' Monster (released)

In May I fished Jamaica Bay for the first time and took 2nd in the slam (pictured are the 3 fish that combined for the 2nd place finish).

Also Had a chance to do some exploring in Maryland and discovered what an excellent Speckled Trout Fishery we have. My largest Speck of the year came in at 28''

TKAA tournament also went well for me this year with a 3rd place finish.

Looking forward to this next year and pretty much have a schedule worked out. This year I will not be late for the species I missed and I am determined to find the elusive 30'' Maryland Speck. Hopefully the patterns are similar and there are no surprises (SANDY).

Random Pictures from 2012:

Here is Slap with one of the bigger Summer Striper's of the year. I think this fish is just pretty. Slap will be Joining us for Kayak Wars 2013!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pinch; 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM. Reason: Fishing paparazzi shout out
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

You had a hell of a year that's for sure.
    I will be fishing more this year but I don't think I could try and keep up with you.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Thanks for the review of your insane year. Missed your reports this year, but understand... Maybe drop us a few pics once in a while in 2013, some of us cant fish as much as you and need the slight fix of fishing vicariously through your experiences.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Very nice. I've never seen a speckled trout that large.

Also, Pinch your pm box is full...
        Last edited by frettr00; 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM.
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Good stuff Pinch!! Man I gotta hook up with you to get on some specks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
            You had a hell of a year that's for sure.
            I will be fishing more this year but I don't think I could try and keep up with you.
            Ditto!

Comment

Congrats on all the awesome fish. Happy winter fishing.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X