New book on fishing for snakeheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book on fishing for snakeheads

For those of you who like to target snakeheads, I just heard of a new book by well known Maryland angler Joe Bruce -- "Fishing for Snakeheads". I do not know Joe personally, and I have not yet read the book. I am passing this along as an FYI only. The book can be ordered through Joe's website:

http://www.joebruce.net/newsnspbobo.html
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Joe kindly donated four of his other books for the CBKA tournament! I spoke with him on Tuesday and he really has the snakeheads dialed in and he shared a few tips with me that I plan on trying out next trip. I also found that my two rod tactic is one that he employs as well, although, he is definitely more successful with it than I am!

This is probably the first local snakehead book out there, worth checking out for sure.
    Used to fish more.

Comment

I haven't read the book but I like what he said on the page. I hope he has tips and tactic for all season because during summer it is too easy to catch them. If you do a little research on the internet, you will catch plenty. I talk to a lot of people that fish for SH, and most of them agree that the population is declining. I think I read some where that Capt. Mike Scarlet said the same thing. So if you couldn't catch one, it might not be your tactic because there isn't many of them around. You will catch plenty of those annoying LM Bass though.

"Here is a fish that is worthy of pursuing. It isn't the "Frankenfish" the media portrays as a fish that will destroy a fishery, this is not true, but it is a true gamefish that I have become addicted to."

Comment

No doubt, definitely seems like less of them around. I think the place that I fish has been hit hard by bow hunters and I am going to have to start targeting them way back where the bow guys can't get.
        Used to fish more.

Comment

So far the range of snakeheads in MD/VA is many many times less than that of lmbass. Considering it’s fairly limited range, I’d say to have a book dedicated to this new species so soon in the game, by a noted MD angler of long standing, indicates the snakehead will be the next up-and-coming star of fishing where ever they become established. I’ve yet to catch one but the reports I read on MKF makes me foam at the mouth with anticipation.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
          X