New guy questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy questions

I have been reading the wealth of info thats on here and i have a few questions. i have always fished from a boat but since buying a bigger house the boat had to go, and now i am really considering a Hobie Mirage pro angler 14. I really like fishing the shallows for reds n specks as well as flounder and really anything that will bite a hook. i guess my question is how stable are they? how easy is it to peddle? they appear to be rather heavy to put in and out by yourself, how is this done with out straining your main vain (one of the reasons i am looking at the hobie is i have shoulder problems) do i need a trailer or can i put it in the back of my truck? does anyone use it for duck hunting?

I live in the Ocean City area and i know the best way to find out about one is to try it out, but i have yet to find a "demo day"

I am sure i will have other questions as i go along, thanks for the help!

Jay

ridiculously stable, Easy to peddle, and you can put it in the back of your truck with relative ease. I know of people who have duck hunted from their yaks. You will love it.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

thanks Pinch, how bout an 8 year old in one? he loves to fish like me and anything to keep him in the outdoors vs the computer

Comment

You can do that to ......... Plenty of room in the back ......... 1 guy here regularly take his girl friend

Comment

On a pa14 i bet an 8yr old can sit on the front hatch facing you without a problem. I have the pa 12 to me its the ultimate portable fishing machine. I have sat on the very front on top of the hatch with my feet dangling in the water and the rear of the boat does not lift out of the water. I weigh 190lbsimage.jpg on a drift we did a few weeks ago, im pretty much leaning all my weight on one side and you can still see how high it is out of the water. The pa14 would be even more stable.
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
            ridiculously stable, Easy to peddle, and you can put it in the back of your truck with relative ease. I know of people who have duck hunted from their yaks. You will love it.
            I put mine in the back of a Ford Ranger using the extend-a-bed.
            Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
              I put mine in the back of a Ford Ranger using the extend-a-bed.
              That is a great way to go with the bed extender and a pickup. You avoid the higher tolls and the parking restrictions that require car top boats when you expand and fish other locations.

Comment

Jay,

Survival Products in Salisbury will be getting in their 2014 Pro Angler 12 and 14 inventory this week.....including their demos. You are not too far away if you are in OC. I recommend you come up and give it a look. I live in Salisbury, so I am nearby. Johnson's pond very close to the store. If you come up in the evening, I'll go out on the pond with you while you demo. I use to live on the pond and fished it regularly, so hopefully you can fish slime it up a little. I believe they close at 6:00, but we should be able to fish until dark. I will return the demo to them the following day. Survival Products is my sponsoring Hobie dealer, so I do not think it would be a problem if you want to come up and give it a try.

Also, OC is a perfect area to have the PA. We have been standing and sightcasting to reds all summer on the flats around OC and Assateague. Sheepies have been caught at the North Jetty and schoolie stripers are absolutely everywhere around the Rt. 50 bridge. You couldn't ask for a better fishing platform for OC and the surrounding areas.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                X