Any flea market finds this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any flea market finds this weekend?

Anyone pick up anything worth while at the market? I was able to load at least one of my planos pretty well for the bay. Picked up several good deals on storms, and number of rattle traps. I missed out on a nice 930 penn. I picked it up, walked away and turned around and it was sold. I always feel the 930/940 was one of the best fluking reels out there.
    The one thing that impressed me the most was a guy selling some lures I rarely see on the surf, Lonely Angler. I have a seen there needles here and there, but that was the first time I seen any of there other lures. They come with nice VMC hooks and looks like a nice heavy Spro split ring. I picked up three, two spooks and one bunker popper. Look forward to trying them out.
    Oh, and there was a great guy selling powder paint dirt cheap, picked up a few.
    Anybody else fond anything?
    Attached Files
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

I talked to that guy for awhile, definitely makes some good plugs. I didn't pick any up but I really considered it. I didn't see many deals because I got there so late. I picked up a couple of fluke lures, bucktails, and a tandem jig for this summer for jigging under the schools. I went to bass pro afterwards and got a cheap baitcaster rod- graphite series rods are on sale for $25 and they are a great rod. I got some hogys and wished I had picked up some bkds I saw outside but they seemed a bit $$.

I saw MyT there too
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I'm not sure who went last year but this year was much bigger and better. I picked up sone pyramid weights 3 for a $1 (2 and 3 oz.) , bloodworm fish bites were $5, and a Okuma Avenger 40 Baitrunner for $40

Comment

I didn't get any killer deals... I got some Ande mono to use for leader for 8.50, some top/bottom rigs for around .36 a piece, some lead, and 4 crab pots for $32... I went looking for a conventional baitcaster to sling some lead, but all I saw was trolling reels. The highlight of the trip was the Pit Pork!!! MMMM MMMM!!!! Nice seeing you out there Mike, hope to see out on the water this season!

MYT

Comment

i finally picked up some bucktail for a good price, bought 6 assorted tails and got them for less than 3 bucks. picked up a couple lead molds for 10 and 15. bought 3 dif. size poppers from the lonely angler. got some 50# suffix superior for 8.00 and some other rigging stuff. i was going to get the std. horizon vhf for 80 but it wasnt the floating one just wt proof. i really liked the reels the guy in the middle was selling he said Kevin was using a couple of his reels, with 40# of drag that little reel would stop a 40-60# yellow fin. definitely a large turn out this year. i had to go through the tables 4 times to make sure i wasnt missing anything. aah the pit beef was excellent also a little horseradish and BBQ and oh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
            and a tandem jig for this summer for jigging under the schools.
            Yea I picked up one of those tandem jig rigs too. Pretty interesting. The guy was able to pour the lead with the wire tandem inside the head, good stuff. Not sure how I will run it though. The trailer is only three inches back which will be fouled by the gulp or other tail. Look promising enough to pick one up and dissect.
            Jay

10' Green Slayer
            13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Pasadena Fishing Flea Market

I picked up a bunch of bkds, bucktails and this $4 crankbait made by a local guy. If it works out well I'll be buying more from him.

I talked to Wes of Release Reels about the $200 15W reel. Really cool conventional reel weighing in at less than 13 oz. I said I'd be interested in it as a kayak fishing reel, and he added that Kayak Kevin is using the 15W. Since I like to surf fish too, he said he'll be working on magged version soon.

Saw a trolling rod I wanted, but the inserts in two of the guides were cracked. It was his last rod.

Went to the reel room. Must have had over a hundred used donated reels (mostly spinners) on the tables. Saw an Abu 5500 in fair shape. Based on what other guys were offering on other reels, I could have bought it for less than $10. Decided I really want a new one.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

met mmanolis2001 there to give him the rod blanks for him and Redfish .......... didn't need anything but went in .......... ended with ..... box of sluggos including 6 10"ers for $5, 10 very interesting jigging spoons $15, floating dehooker, 10 jigs that Redfish loves w/6" skirts $1.50 ea, knife, octpus skirt, split rings, etc ...........

Comment

I saw those reels too from Release reels, they look really nice, just wayyyy outta my price range! LOL

MYT

Comment

Those were definitely nice reels, looked exactly like the Avet SX I got (which is complete overkill and I need to catch something on it quick!). Looked very nice and I would love to mothership and try to tangle with some of those reef donkeys they were talking about.

Memory, post a picture of those jigs if you get a chance? I'm not sure how I missed them.

MM- Thanks for grabbing the blanks for me. I'll work out a way to get them from you soon.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=180481309103 ...... only with a round head ....... got them in 1/2 and 2 oz

Comment

that release reel looked bad a$$, i picked up the rod and reel combo and it was feather light definatly a big game kayak reel. 40# of drag thats hard to beat on that size reel. wes said once he gets the machining in the usa he will make a lefty model

Comment

Went this morning, and like most picked up a couple of lures from Lonely angler.Do have to say this was one of the better flea markets. Still could not find a small rod and reel for trolling from the yak.
                          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

didnt you get a okuma abf? nothing wrong with that for trolling in the yak. match it with a 7' mh rated to 20 or 30# test. the bait feeder drag acts as a clicker on conventional reels. i use mine all the time

Comment

I got an okuma cornado 5 series in the bst on SOL for cheap. Ever replace the gasket? It was pretty rough so I stripped it down, inside was super clean, I was impressed.

I have a bunch of extra stuff still if you are looking for a broomstick. Let me know if you can't find something and I can hook you up.

Comment

Working...
                              X