Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Note to self, DELETE 4PM Alarm on phone... geeshh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note to self, DELETE 4PM Alarm on phone... geeshh....

Note to self, DELETE 4PM Alarm on phone... geeshh....

Why in the world I have that alarm... ???!!!! I must have reset it on one of my previous wake ups... not using it... and not realizing the mistake.

Went to bed early, for once in a very long time... so took off the 3AM alarm... considering I wake up super early almost always all the time... no matter when I go to sleep....

Woke up at 4:40AM... OUCH... well that sort of blew my early start...
    Sure felt rested... I guess it must have been in the cosmic plan....

Be...'in' a country folk sort of person... have you ever noticed how on certain times of the year or month... how much road kill is out there... particularly I noticed raccoons and possums....
    I'll get back to this later...

I had been watching the winds and the opportunity was getting better and better for today... so I was a little bummed for the late wake up... as the opportunity for winds being favorable were best early...

Ok.. finally out the door.. luckily all was pretty much set to go on the prep' scene....

Squeezey breezey... on the roads getting to the launch.. hit all the traffic lights spot on... actually on the highway speeds were faster than I like.. but go with the flow. But those that know the Beltway around DC... it can be and is a nightmare.

Finally got on the water at 8am... by 8:20 had four fish (rockfish) at 20-21inches...
    I am expecting some bigger fish... being it is Rocktober... so I didn't keep those... but then caught two more soon after near 22inches.. and well got greedy and kept them... so at 9:30am I had limited out. Put them in my homemade cooler bag with a block of ice...

So... what am I going to do now.. I love being on the water, it was a beautiful calm morning... and there are pockets of birds around. So I explored some places I hadn't been before. Kept catching fish. But the birds were not producing (catch for me)... there were no blow-ups of top water action. A boat came in and tried working the birds... they had no luck either.

I'm quite the newbie... so what is going on... somebody with more experience would have better ideas.

Kept catching fish in my new areas.. all in the 20inch size... lots of fun still nice and calm and tranquil...

I don't know if it is the Moon... Venus rising over Mars... maybe the good day... or some people got on the coconut telegraph... and there was a major "bite" going on somewhere... the river explode with boats.
    They were coming in.. and going out... doing high speed turn arounds... boat waves every where.. and the wind picked up...
    This was at Noon.... almost on cue with the wind and the boaters.
    One boat.. and a jet ski... came racing towards me... oh ! great... double trouble.
    The "boat" turned right towards me... the jetski was in tandem with the boat... they appeared to be buddies..
    Finnally the boat veried off a little... but you know the feeling of do they see me or not... and came way to close in the whole process.
    The "compadre" jetski stopped by me.. as I was trying to get the boat name... as it passed by... and the jetski asked "how ya doin'"

Now normally I am the most friendly and most chatterbox on the water.... but all I could do was glare at the jetski... as I looked back at the boat.

Well this isn't out of the norm for you guys and gals on the water.... I guess the jetski, got my drift by not communicating.

Boat chopped continued.... I made my way back...... the bite was still going as high tide was around 1:30pm.

I got close and worked my way back to productive areas towards the end of my journey... nothing exciting.... still fish.

I was tired of the boat chop... buzzing of boats that were reminiscent of a July 4th weekend....

I worked my way around towards my finnaly approach back to port... in a protective area... and the sun hit my face... and danced off water like a billion diamonds.

Suddenly... a wave of calm came over me.... the beauty... the day... I was lucky enough to bring home dinner.

Caught 17 fish... lots of fun.

On the way home there were numerous accidents on the Beltway.. I was lucky that each one I passed had not developed a major back up... which would occur. A perfectly simple non threatening day and there are a bunch of accidents.

I was lucky that some knuckleheads didn't run over me on the water.

Moon over Pluto... Mars rising over Venus.... there's probably a bunch of dead raccoons and possums out on the country roads.

Great Report, congrats on the catches, knuckleheads make fishin difficult from a yak.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks for the entertainment and report!

Comment

That was an awesome day we had... your "chatter-box" post described it perfectly
        .....good thing we don't have to listen to it all day on the radio !!!!
        It was great meeting your "watermen" buddies on the water.. they are the salt of the earth folks with a wealth of knowledge.
        Who needs Mach Burner and the band of cohorts...
        Your adventurous spirit has allowed you to meet great watermen on the west and east side of the bay..

You are definitely the host of the most on the days we get to go out with you.
        I guess pouring over charts, doing the homework, pays off... now you only have to put on your reading glasses when you set the alarm on your phone...
        You crusty ol'sea fart !!!!!
        Thanks again for another great day... from me and John T.
        Much love again !!!

Comment

Working...
        X