Brooms Island 9/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooms Island 9/24

Went out solo on the Slayer 10 Propel, launched at 6:15AM, targeting Stripers.

Zero Wind and High tide was to be around 9:00 AM.
    I threw the Buzz bait on my way out of the cove heading to the oyster "beds" where I intended to fish. No takers on top water.
    Once I got around the buoys marking the oyster beds, 10-12' water. I was picking up occasional larger fish (and groups of fish) on the sonar. I was throwing a white and a chartreuse underspin jig with 4.5 swim baits in matching color. I worked the oyster buoys for 2 hours with not a hit.

A work boat came in and started working the oysters, I had assumed it was oyster "beds" on the bottom,, but looked like they were pulling "frames" or boxes" up and harvesting the oysters?

I trolled my way out to the duck blinds and cast around them, worked the shore back casting between docks.

Now 4 hours out and not a single hit.

Trolled back to Nan's Cove and picked up a ~12" Striper on the white jig/paddle tail.

Once I entered the cove I decided to pick up my ultra light with 1/8oz roadrunner and 3 white twister tail to catch a few Perch, as I rounded a grass point into a sheltered shallow cove (2') I saw a lot of surface disturbance and cast the roadrunner, a ~14" striper gave the ultra light a workout.

That was it and headed in at 11:00 AM

DSCN2936.jpg

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2940.jpg
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/