What a difference a day makes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a difference a day makes!

So Monday Big Mike, John Rentch, John Veil and I met up before dawn at St. Jeromes Creek..Gary's back was acting up so he is recuperating and could not join us...the conditions were absolutely perfect- slick as glass, dusky pre-dawn...but...one blow up on a She Dog...no love for top water...I won't sugar coat this- I was disappointed- we invited our northern Brothers down to share our good fishery and it was a dud...yeah, caught some fish, even had a 19 3/4 inch legal striper, but it wasn't our normal fishing...

So today Big Mike and I duplicated yesterday, launching in pre-dawn...still no love for top water action...no blow ups at all...but I had a guide wrap that I did not see that almost cost me a rod and reel...fish hit so hard the entire Outback jerked- breaking the line at the rod...over the next hour it was constant "fish on" with 20(+)inch fish after fish after fish. My tally was six legal Stripers with the biggest at 24...Mike had nearly exactly the same...As Mike reminded me- we have a fishery like the Kentucky Derby- the fastest two minutes in sports...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Working...
X