Missed my Severn Slam, But Did Get an Unexpected Visitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed my Severn Slam, But Did Get an Unexpected Visitor

Launched out of Tucker Street around 1:30 yesterday and once again, the wind was a lot more brutal than I expected. Decided to fish up the creek again hoping for similar luck as the last few times. I even brought my newly purchased Hawg Trough thinking that I could measure some of the big pickerel I had been catching. No such luck, but still a nice day out there.

Over the course of a few hours, I managed a half-dozen small rock (biggest was probably 14 inches) a similar number of small perch, and not a single pickerel. I managed to get five on the line but not a single one to the boat - oh well. The big surprise is pictured below - a tiny speck that hit a 4-inch gulp that was almost as big as it was.

The water was way higher than in previous weeks and I ended up losing several jigheads/gulp to major snags that I had managed to avoid when the water was lower. Deep in one cove, the water was absolutely churning with baitfish (looked like a bubbling cauldron) - my first cast netted a rock and the two subsequent got hopelessly snagged. Had to give it up.20201015_164810.jpg
    Last edited by scorchy; 10-16-2020, 11:38 AM.
Working...
X