Another Decent Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Decent Day

Launched at 5am on Saturday on the Pataspco. Within the first 20 minutes, I caught a few schoolies trolling paddletails. One was purple and chartruese....the other was a translucent 12 Fathom paddletail that I received as a gift from John Veil. I decorated it with a red Sharpie to give it a little splash of color and I caught my largest schoolie of the day on it....thank you John. I did not catch any stripers over 19".

I decided to try for some white perch and I worked long and hard without a bite. I was working a huge area where Cliff had caught perch last week and I was getting skunked. I went back to trolling paddletails but this was not working either. I went a little further upstream and began working a shoreline and started catching perch. They were small, but feisty and it was fun. I also caught a really nice yellow perch.

There were long stretches of time with no fish and nothing I caught was very big, but it was a good day.

Next time, I may head the other direction....where I think the sunken ships are...does anyone have any experience fishing that area?
Working...
X