No announcement yet.

Thanks for a great Sunday on the flats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for a great Sunday on the flats!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone giving me info on the flats. I went out at first light from Tydings Park in Harve De Grace and promtly got stuck in the mud

After getting myself out of the mud and getting nice and dirty I started heading out to find water deeper than 2-3 feet. Thank to MedicYaker for the FF as it made the difference fishing out there. We headed out from the island towards the Green Can and then planned to go out further. We never made it there.

We hit a drop from 4 foot where the grass was growing to a depth of about 16 foot and I saw bait fish on the FF. I decided to throw out my white bass assassin style worm jig and see if anything was down there. First cast I hooked up with a nice 18 inch that wanted to fight. We never left that area. There was a nice school moving up and down that edge and while they were not the huge ones, I was having too much fun to leave. My biggest was a little over 20, but considering I am using bass gear and have nothing over a medium action 15lb rod, those fish are plenty of fun for me.

Thank to all of you for making it possible for me to get out there and know where to go. Next time I will try and head out a little deeper, wind allowing

Thanks for the report. It's tuff to leave smallish fish to find bigish fish... cuz if you can't find bigger fish then you might not be able to re-find the smallish fish again. Happens to me all the time... decisions, decisions, decisions. That Flats this spring is going to get a lot of new kayak fishermen severely spoiled for rock fishing anywhere else on the Bay.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I have been fishing the flats heavy the last week and largest I landed was 27". I use my bait caster with light action rod and have a blast with the mid-20 inch rocks.

Sorry to hear you got stuck in the mud. I let out a chuckle as I was reading your post.

------------------ ,__
      ------------------ | `'.
      __---------- |`-._/_.:---`-.._
      \='.-------_/..--'`__ ----- `'-._
      -\- '-.--"` ----- === ----- / - o `',
      - )= (-----------------.-- | ----- _.'
      -/_=.'-._------------ {=_-_ | -- .-`-.
      /_.'--- `\`'-._------- '-= - \ -- _.'
      -------- )- _.-'`'-..------ _..-'`
      ------- /_.' ------ `/";';`|
      -------------------- \` .'/
      --------------------- '--'

Comment

We were laughing too, until we started hurting from pole pushing our way out. Sigh ... wont do that again I hope.

Comment

Working...
        X