Stoney Creek 6/17/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney Creek 6/17/12

First post, new to the site. Not exactly a kayak fishermen but close enough, hopefully. Fished upstream from the bridge for about 4 hours loads of white perch anywhere from 6-10 inches, one pushing citation size unfortunatly no means to measure on the board yet, no ice and i wasnt done for the day. All in all a great day. Below should be a picture of my rig if it works. Tight lines.
    Attached Files

Welcome, sweet lil set up you got!

Comment

Very nice! I need to paddle one of those some day. I keep seeing more and more around and I would be interested in how it compares to a yak. Welcome aboard!

Chimo

Comment

Welcome. Nice ride.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Very cool. I've been tempted to try one of those. I think it would be great for site casting to and bowfishing for snakeheads in the Mattawoman.
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Certainly different than a kayak. I would compare it more to standing in a canoe. Unfortunatly as dirty as the water is around here sight casting is kind of a no go but personaly i like casting my ultra light from a standing position. Allows me to get a little farther away from the wood/shoreline/structure i am casting at which can be a great thing when you hook into something a little bit bigger that wants to drag you back to where it came from. Lost one the other day, judging by the tail i think it was a striper that would have certainly made it to the dinner table because it took me into the tree a little bit faster than i could react to. Before i knew it i was in an area that i didnt want to fall in and get all cut up and the fish had managed to snap my 20lb mono leader on some debris. If anyone is fishing upstream of the bridge, hooks into a nice fish and finds a mepps #2 in its mouth with two of the treb's snipped, send me a picture. Tight lines.

Comment

cool was thinking of a stand up but need to put a yetti cooler on back and ff

Comment

Working...
              X