Severn River out of Jonas Green. 10/8/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River out of Jonas Green. 10/8/12

Sorry about this late post, but been a busy week. I was in the water at about 10:30 am on Monday at Jonas in hopes of catching the high tide at @ 11;30 am. Still using spinner baits w/ fresh razor clams on a double bottom rig. I paddled towards Manresa and tried under one of the longer piers w/ deeper water on the way. Got one keeper there, a w. perch about 9 inches.

Trolled the spinners and a Kastmaster through that little channel in the creek to the right of Manresa, hoping for something exciting but nothing. Still, it's nice to know there's a protected creek there to duck into if heavy weather hits on a future trip.

Decided to make the paddle up to the David W. Taylor facility near Greenbury Pt. and not much doing under those piers. Last shot was the Naval Academy sea wall area. If you don't mind a busy area that's less pristine, there are some very productive and pretty deep holes around the rocks there with some of the biggest perch I've caught this season. I picked up 8 more keepers in the 9 - 12 " range in about 45 min. or so. The first hit on the tiny Mighty Mite ultra-lite were two whoppers; a 12 incher, and a 10 incher which bent to rod well under the water. That was a riot. Glad I kept moving, it would have been a disappointing day to have to release one perch.

I guess I am in a bit of a rut with the spinner baits and clams, but it beats getting skunked. I usually troll that Kastmaster and the spinners going place to place. I was also hoping for a small spot that I could live line for a keeper rock (with a larger rod I bring total 3 rods), but no luck.

I hope to make it out again on Monday, the 15th with a friend that has a Parker 24' out of Selby. We'll try for some top water striper action, or maybe a flounder or two drifting around Thomas Pt.

Have a great weekend guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM.
Working...
X