Futile fun at St Georges Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futile fun at St Georges Island

Not much to report, Sunday AM met Ronault and Chexone at St Georges Island, Launched at the worst landing in Southern MD, got skunked while the redskins pulled off a miracle. Ron had one hit, we fished marked fish repeatedly but no takers. When the wind stopped we got socked in with fog...I thought I could find shore on my own and follow the shoreline home.....did not happen...wandered around aimlessly in 7 ft of water til I finally came back across Ron and Mike, Whew!
    The only Rockfish we saw all day was one that tried to crawl into mike's boat at the launch...that was funny. Here are a few pics
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Looks like fun even if the skunk came out in the fog!

Comment

good company, for sure, good weather for the most part.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

MAN I dont think I coulda missed out on the Skins game for that!! I learned while fishing with Cliff that a basic compass and the knowledge of how to use it can be a life saver in fog. You cannot and should not rely on electronics...batteries die, signal is lost, gets too wet, etc
        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Nice shots of you guys on the water. Sorry that the fishing was tough, but at least you got out...

Comment

I totally missed this thread. Must be all the fog...

More pics:

Me taking a picture of Ron taking a picture of me

The rockfish that tried to jump in my yak. He wasn't doing too well, otherwise i woulda caught him and called him "dinner"

Kevin, in a rare moment without fog

We trolled this drop-off for hours... 5ft-45ft in about 15 yards

Fog

If you look very carefully, you can see birds in the center, and Ron on the right

Despite the skunk, it was fun being in the fog and good exercise too.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
            X