Centennial Lake Sunday 3/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centennial Lake Sunday 3/24

Plan on hitting up Centennial Lake Sunday 3/24 with sparky1423 & yakkinfish18 and if anyone else wants to join. Hopefully be there when the park opens at 7. Permits are $5 for the day and cash only according to the park website.

Anyone fish it recently or know any reports? Trying to find some info online when they stock it with trout but no luck. Never fished it from kayak but had success when shore fishing last year.
    Last edited by DaveFX35; 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Originally posted by dsmero View Post
    Plan on hitting up Centennial Lake Sunday 3/24 with sparky1423 & yakkinfish18 and if anyone else wants to join. Hopefully be there when the park opens at 7. Permits are $5 for the day and cash only according to the park website.

Anyone fish it recently or know any reports? Trying to find some info online when they stock it with trout but no luck. Never fished it from kayak but had success when shore fishing last year.
    I was there 2 weeks ago and did not get a nibble. A friend went a week latter and using a fish finder found and caught some fish. Centennial was stocked Feb, 13. Here is the MD DNR site with stock dates. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/stocking/index.asp
    Good luck.
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Gillgetter View Post
      I was there 2 weeks ago and did not get a nibble. A friend went a week latter and using a fish finder found and caught some fish. Centennial was stocked Feb, 13. Here is the MD DNR site with stock dates. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/stocking/index.asp
      Good luck.
      Michael
      Awesome! Thanks a ton! Hopefully there's still plenty left
      Dave
      2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Hey Dave, I have a report for Centennial in "The Boatyard", should still be on the first page. $5 is all you need.....and a pen, I had to borrow one from a maintenance worker. It's a self-serve fee at the ramp. Just fill out the card, place your money in the envelope and it's done. You get a card to place in your vehicle and a card to carry with you on the kayak. FYI--I was there before 7am...still dark....but the gates were already open.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

i was there sunday did ok 10 small to med bass and 3 trout casting at shore with a rattle trap

Comment

Originally posted by donkey fish View Post
            i was there sunday did ok 10 small to med bass and 3 trout casting at shore with a rattle trap
            Compared to most reports lately, that's better than ok! May I ask what color and ounce rattle trap you were using?
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

chartreuse and i dont know what size it was a smallish one id say 1/8 or 1/4

Comment

I'll probably tag along myself. Its close to the house and a nice paddle.
                2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

im looking forward to fishing there. haven't fished it in a long time
                  2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                  2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Followme438 View Post
                    I'll probably tag along myself. Its close to the house and a nice paddle.
                    awesome! looking to be 4 of us so far.
                    Dave
                    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Sounds great! What are we targeting? Trout?
                      2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Originally posted by Followme438 View Post
                        Sounds great! What are we targeting? Trout?
                        Yup! That's the plan for me at least. I want some tasty fish to bring home
                        Dave
                        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Weather looks to be okay. Little colder than Saturday but still a fish-able high of 47 with overcast. I'll have plenty of shiners if anyone wants to use some. Hopefully the crappie and trout are biting
                          Dave
                          2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Hey guys - I'm going out there tomorrow also. I'm gonna test out the trolling motor setup on my yak. See you early in the morning.IMG_1763.jpg

Outback 2015
                            Maui

Comment

I might show up but with my boat.. Gf wants to fish and I gotta test out a pole I made
                              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
                              X