Wilson Bridge 3/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Bridge 3/23

I met up with echo5oscar at Jones Point Park around 7:00 Saturday morning. We launched off of the floating dock and headed to the bridge about 75 yards away and started fishing. I had my first catfish on within 3 minutes. It was good fishing for the next 2 hours and the it started to slow down. By noon it was completely dead. We just sat there waiting for the current to change and talking to a few other yakers that were out there, Fishtankand an othe guy I didn't get his name and I saw another guy in an Outback but didn't get to talk to him. By 2:00 the bite was back on.

We were told by the Coast Guard to keep some distance from the bridge since we were holding on to it to stay close to the walls. They didn't say how far so we just didn't hold on anymore and kept fishing. We called it a day around 3:30 and headed home.

In toatal I caught 33 fish.
    3 Channke cats all under 18"
    18 Blue Cats under 20"
    12 Blue Cats between 20" and 25"

echo5oscar had 23 fish caught. I will let him give the run down.

All in all it was a good day at the Wilson.

100_1174.jpg 100_1162.jpg 100_1163.jpg 100_1169.jpg 100_1171.jpg
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

looks like that was the place to be. It sucked further down south at Ft. Washington.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Had a blast catching those fish. The bait was the ticket. Throughout the day, boats would anchor just upstream or downstream from where we were fishing. I don't know what they were using for bait, but I know that it wasn't working that well. And those boats had at least 5 or 6 lines in the water.

Rockchaser was rocking two lines at a time, and several times I looked over, and he had fish on both. There were times one of us would catch a few fish in a row, and the other wouldn't get a bite. And we would only be 10-15 feet apart. That's a fun place to fish.

I ended up with 23 fish.

1 channel at 18"
      22 blues between 17" and 23"

All in all, a fantastic day!

Comment

WHat were you guys using?

Comment

Congrats on a great catch! I never thought that place was productive until you discovered and reported about it, and it's only 20 minutes away from my home. Thanks for the report.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Chicken tenders/breast.

Comment

nice!

Comment

This was the first time I have heard of using it. I will have some with me when I cat fish in the future, that's for sure. Rockchaser was saying he thinks the stuff in the packages wrapped in cellophane with the juice and blood worked the best. More scent/flavor, so I can see that being why. However, I did notice that they don't last too long after catching a fish, or checking for bait a couple times. I took two packages with me, and had 3 or 4 tenders left over.

Comment

Great catch guys, I have to free up a day to get down there! Always used raw shrimp at the Conowingo...chicken tenders sound easier on the wallet. Do you keep the cats? I never caught a blue cat, but the channels I keep if they are less than 30".
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Very cool. I haven't heard about chicken tenders. I'm gonna add that to the list.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I have been having good luck with raw chicken breast for a while now. I just hope not to get salmonella while fishing.
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

That's a lot of fish! Best report of the weekend so far. WTG!
                        Mike S.
                        Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                          I have been having good luck with raw chicken breast for a while now. I just hope not to get salmonella while fishing.

i think about that all the time when handling bait, let alone fishing in the chesapeake bay and watershed toilet
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                            Yeah breast will catch anything with whiskers....but you certainly have to work to avoid complications
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                            X