Mattawoman 4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 4/10

Gonna go fish outa slavins tommorrow afternoon with my brother. Figured we'd probably head up around the barge and throw jig n trailers.

Anyone been there lately?

Ill be there also with the old man. Did fairly well sunday with soft plastics.

Comment

Are Blue cats biting well at Mattawoman yet? I have a friend that wants to go catfishing next weekend.

Comment

I hit Mattawoman for a few hours after work yesterday 4/9. The tide was coming in and I caught a few bass and set up for some catfish. I caught 6 cats in less than an hour and had a few more runoffs but the bite was not hot by any means. The biggest blue cat of the day was a 24'' for me. I also got my first bass of the season with a chunky 15''. Moc, If you want cats, I would suggest going out of Ft Washington Marina or hit the Woodrow Wilson bridge. The cat bite yesterday at Mattawoman wasn't as good as it was out of FT Wash a few weeks ago.
        Shane
        Hobie Outback

Comment

Those sound like good Mattawoman fish. Any snakehead sightings?
          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Thanks for the update. I promised to take a friend out to Mattawoman on my canoe next Sat, so I was wondering what to expect. A few of us are going out of Marshall Hall on Sat. We are meeting at the boat ramp at 9am, all is welcome to join. It will be an incoming tide. I am looking for some keeper size perch. I will test that area for cats too, just for some pullage. If the winds and water are too bad, then the backup plan would be to drive down a few more minutes and launch at Mattawoman. It should be more protected than the open Potomac.

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
              Those sound like good Mattawoman fish. Any snakehead sightings?
              Saw some at Leesylvania on Saturday so they're probably across the river
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Working...
              X