Sunday 8/17/2014 Patapsco River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 8/17/2014 Patapsco River

launched @ 8a calm waters. low tide with the high @ 12:30p trolled a alabama rig no weight attached, with a siver/blue rapalla caught a small rock @ 12" the 1st 5 minutes the lure was in the water. dropped a bluish grey rapalla with a 1oz inline as a second bait picked up a perch and a small blue...they seemed to prefer that set up. replaced the alabama rig with a 1 1/2oz in line set up with a blue/silver rebel @6" long. @ 10:30 the wind turned on...wind blowing out and the tide comming in. for a short time i threw a swimbait and bottom fished. quickly got back to trolling. trolling the two inline setups with the tide change the wind picking up...another perch hooked up. trolled in many directions with the main direction with the tide against the wind. @ 11a the first rock fish hit nice healthy fish @ 17" continued that pattern landed 8 rock... bite continued till @ 1:30. the fish ranged from @ 15 to 22" ALL were nice clean healthy looking fish. all were safely released!! the wind was picking up as the day wore on... at about 2pm i was wearing down the lines on the rods were singing from the wind. glad the boat traffic was low it would have made the day really tuff with the wind. had a strike that was pretty agressive had that fish on for @ 30 seconds, strong pull & head shake...thinking this is a nice fish the best of the day but he won that battle...must not have been a good hook set... for an instant i thought Damn...missed him!! But quickly replaced that thought with I HAD A GREAT DAY TODAY!! the rock were caught trolling with the tide or directly against it in @15ft to 20ft. did not pick up any quartering or across the tide. Phil
Working...
X