Call to Fish: Thursday 9/16 at CBBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Fish: Thursday 9/16 at CBBT

First real fishing expedition since moving to Outback from my sit in. With some help from Backyard in Annapolis, got the sailing rudder, turbo and FF installed. Woke up at 3 for the drive from DC (you southern guys have it so EASY). Picked up some bait from Oceans East and hit the water around 6:30am to perfect water and near glass conditions. A couple friendly kayakers were out along with a couple unfriendly ones who couldn't be bothered to say hello -- assuming they were so deeply praying for fish, I didn't mind much.

On the way out to the island I hit up about 10 or so bridge pilings with no bites whatsoever and marking no fish on the FF -- no one else seemed to be getting anything either. Apparently you guys did catch all the fish. Moved off the bridge to a couple interesting underwater features which showed more activity and resulted in 3 groupers on clams. Back to the island, lost 2 crabs to something that bit off at my leader each time, changed leader to 50# and caught a 14" blue. Wind and chop picked up before heading back to the beach a little after noon.

In summary: Beautiful waters down there. New to the spade / drum / sheepie game, will be back to practice before they're gone. Other firsts: 1 x bay dolphin sighting and 1 x USN boat shootout exercise

Attached Files
    Last edited by Dimo; 09-18-2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: Updated to report
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback
Working...
X