Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarce Keeper Tog at Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, 03/24/2019

Sorry for the late report.

It had been very windy whenever I tried to launch from Chic’s Beach for CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, VA) togs (Tautog or Balckfish).

In march, I went to Chic’s Beach first then went to Rudee three times because of the strong wind.
    Unlike March last year, Rudee wasn’t productive at all in March this year. I caught a few undersized specks.

On March 24, the wind finally calmed down. I launched at 7 AM to fish 3 hours around the slack tide (at 9:00 AM). The second slack tide was at around 3 PM.

I didn’t have any bites at all from the 1st SBC (small boat channel) to the First Island. Two kayakers showed up later. We didn’t do well. One experienced kayaker caught few undersized togs before 11:30 AM, before the incoming tide became very strong. During the strong incoming tide under the bridge, I and the experienced kayaker took a break in the middle of the bay side of the first Island.

We fished hard 3-4 hours around the second slack tide (at 3 PM). I picked up 1 keeper at 16” in 60’ of water. At the same bridge pilings and the one next to it, the experienced caught 15+ small togs. I hooked 4 more small togs in 45’ and 30’ of water.

The water temp at CBBT was 48 F.

Fishing Log for CBBT and Rudee in March, 2019:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg
Working...
X