VA Beach Trip (11/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Beach Trip (11/11)

I did a last minute trip and drove down to VA Beach last Wednesday night. Fished 2 places all Thursday from dawn to dusk. The air temp was in the 70's and the water temp was 60 degree on Thursday. Troll 3 lines of 1/4 ounce jig-head with paddle-tails (color no difference). Hit the first place had good quality fish but no quantity for 5 hours. Got 5 speckled above 18" and kept 2 of them under 20's.

The 2nd place was like going to the HomeDepot. Lots of traffics (You probably know the place that I'm talking). Got 1st speckled within 10 minutes. Then Lots of short trouts. Decided to call for the day after 10 hours of peddling. Headed back to launch, then I heard line was peeling out fast. Game on. put away 2 other lines and focused on fighting the fish. At this time, saw one kayaker on my port side and another motor boat my my starboard. So I couldn't turn my kayak around. I kept straight forward and fought the fish for 5 minutes but lost the fish by the kayak when it saw my net and shook its head then gone. Oh, well. it was a quick release.

The 2nd place was so busy. It was hard to fight a big fish without worrying to tangle my line with others. The place was so busy you could't stay at a spot for 5 minutes by yourself without other boats interruption, especially if it is a motor boat.

Anyway, I packed up at the dusk and stayed for another night. The 3rd day (Friday) was raining in the morning. So I decided to head home. It was a good trip overall.
    Conclusion, The big speckled trouts are there in VA Beach but scattered. Tomorrow and Thursday will be in the 70'S again. Go get them~
    Hobie Outfiiter (Yellow)
Working...
X