Labor Day Weekend Bassin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Weekend Bassin

Plans to head to a friend's lake house in the Adirondacks fell through at the last minute so I was determined to catch some bass close to home. On Friday I took my girlfriend and her daughter down to the Baltimore Aquarium which was a great time. Got back around 5 and decided to float a new part of the Schuylkill and throw some jigs. Found a nice little pool below an old dam and soon hooked my biggest skuke smallie in years! I decided to turn in after that and get some dinner with plans on coming back the next day.

The next day came and I got a call from a friend who wanted to rent a boat and fish Green Lane Reservoir so I said sure. Conditions were great- overcast and cool and we quickly put together a pattern. We were flipping jig n pigs into holes in the thick weeds near wood. I only got 4 bites that day but one was a 4.5 lber and the rest were solid, fat 3s. Great success.

Sunday was a washout so I finally installed my crummy old fishfinder and planned to hit the skuke Monday but another friend called and asked if I wanted to try for bowfin in some south jersey canals. And off I went to south jersey. With the heavy rains the day before, the canals were stained, flowing and the bass were on fire. I've never seen a bite this hot in the 3 years I've fished this spot. My friend caught probably 10 bass from 3-4 lbs and a really nice pickerel. I was plodding along targeting bowfin in the muckier water pitching creature lures and threw one up in front of a beaver dam when my line took off. The fish came up and it was a giant! Didn't get a weight but it was MUCH bigger than the 4.5 from Saturday. I'm 6'3" and have some big hands so don't let that fool you - that bass was a PIG and most likely my biggest ever.

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Great couple of days on the water! Congrats on the smallies and the largemouths!! Special day when they are all 3+ lbs...that don't happen often!! They are nice fish!! no doubt she wanted that bait!!

Comment

Nice lookin fish. After 4 days in the salt last week I'm ready for some bassin soon.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
      X