Monocacy 27 September Evening fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monocacy 27 September Evening fishing

Just wanted to send a note out that a buddy and I are going kayak fishing on the Monocacy this weekend. Saturday starting in the afternoon, finishing up a little after dusk. Exact pick up/drop off points still up in the air, but it is going to be north of Frederick for sure. If anyone wants to join, I can give more info as we get closer to Saturday.

Keep in mind that right know the flow is too low for an enjoyable float and after this rain it may be too high. Keep and eye on the flow at the following site:
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/current?type=flow
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Looks like the rain is not expected to have much of an impact on the Monocacy. Might actually help the fishing for the weekend. Good luck!

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

It will be very dirty probably. It takes forever for that river to clear up

Comment

You may have lucked out. I stopped in Pine Cliff Park located on the Monocacy just south of Frederick this afternoon, Thursday, ~3:00pm. The river looked in decent shape there although still a little low in spite of the rain. Water was slightly off-color but just right for fishing. You might have to do some dragging through the shallows at some of the riffles. So appropriate sturdy footwear is in order plus a short tow rope. While I was standing at the boat launch in the park I saw a smallmouth attacking baitfish up against the bank... minnows were shooting out of the water like little missiles. The bass was ~12" or less. The river has already crested so hard to say what it will look like by the weekend. Good luck and report back.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
          X