Fall flatheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall flatheads

Had off yesterday and decided to try for some fall flatheads in the schuylkill. Threw a jig n pig while catching bait and got a bonus bass. My favorite fall pattern is to fish shallow flats in the hottest part of the afternoon and it worked again. Only made it out a couple times for flatheads this year but it was good to feel some decent pullage before this long cold winter starts.

Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

nice fish!! surprizing how powerful they are... good day!!

Comment

Wow, nice fish!
      Mike

Comment

Nice job! How long did it take to bring that bad boy in?
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches
        Crappie: 12 inches
        Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Whoops meant to put this in the non kayak section. Both fish put up a good fight when they ran off the flat and into the main river current. I use Calcutta 400 bsvs on musky rods with 50 lb braid. They definitely fight better in the cold water.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

So ugly it's beautiful. Quite the monster and a fish to be proud of.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

wow! the head on that catfish is huge! what is your favorite bait for flatheads?
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Before I got a kayak I fished really hard for flatheads and have caught them up to 39 lbs in the skuke. They respond differently to different bait based on the season and the section of river. Up my way they seem to prefer trout in the spring with suckers and bullheads better in the fall. Sunfish are also a great all around bait. I caught these two on cut sunfish because they're he easiest to get on short notice. Cut bait seems to work best in the daytime in the fall regardless of species while a big lively bait works better on hot summer nights.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice fish!
                  Jim

Hobie Outback
                  TKAA member
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
                  X