Two lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two lakes

Haven't bass fished in over 25 yrs. when I did two of my favorite lakes were Smithville Lake off of 404 outside of Denton and St. Mary's Lake in Southern Md.

Thought I would get back into bassin' this spring. Has anyone on the board fished either of these lakes in 2014? I do know that Smithville had a big fish kill a few years ago and I wonder if it has recovered.

I fished St Mary's a lot in June and July last year before switching to the salt. I had good numbers of LM but nothing huge. Best action was early morning top water in the upper end and grubs in flats towards the dam. Also caught some really nice pickerel and crappie as a by product. I think if I actually fished for them it would have been very good.

Did bend a turbo fin on one of those gosh darn hidden stumps which is a problem with the Hobie.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

At St. Mary's you guarantee yourself a beautiful day, but only moderate bass. The northern area with standing trees in the water have been best for me.
      Jeff
      Native Slayer Propel 13
      Malibu Stealth 9

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I thought St. Mary's was managed as a trophy lake with a slot limit? It sounds like it didn't work. I don't really trophy fish although big Is better.

I think it would be a good place to look at my down scan sonar.

Comment

I fished Smithville late in the fall last year. Caught 2 bass on Senko's by the dam. It was a getting pretty cold by then. I imagine it would be a nice place to wet a line in the late spring, during the week. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X