Upper Potomac 02/14/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac 02/14/15

Got out for a few hours yesterday on the Upper Potomac. I know one winter hole that coughs up a smallmouth or two in the dead of winter. No smallies but one channel cat grabbed my suspending jerkbait. Any fish that comes out to play when there are rafts of ice floating down the river is all right in my book.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Great Dave,
    So are you still looking for your February bass? I was thinking you might have gotten out yesterday.
    Were you fishing in a place we've been before?
    Tom

Comment

Yes, that was a place you and I have fished before. I am still looking for my February bass. With the way mother nature is behaving my best bet may be the tank over at Bass Pro Shops!
      Dave

Comment

Dave, how fast does the water move in that area? Potential for a complete freeze? Glad to see it's not frozen...hosting the Susquehanna M&G next week and this is giving me some hope.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

The Upper Mac did freeze up January 2014 when the Polar Vortex really hit hard. The area I was in is more of the Piedmont Section, below the confluence with the Shenandoah (which runs warmer) and also a few miles below the Dickerson Plant (warm water discharge when it is running). I suspect with the way this week is supposed to go that the Potomac will either be a logjam of ice flows or frozen over by next weekend.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X