St Mary's Lake 4/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary's Lake 4/2

Went out to St Mary's lake today mostly to try out my fish finder (I did find someone with long enough arms to finish the install). Was on the water from 11 to 2 and excited to see what I've been missing without the fish finder. Water temp was almost 54 degrees and I ended up catching 9 bass and 1 pickerel. All came on a purple tube bait and in depths anywhere from 7' to 14'. I got 5 of them off the standing trees and didn't need a fish finder to locate them. The other 4 absolutely came because I saw a feature or a mark and cast to those spots - these were in open water that I would have just passed by previously without knowing they were there. Wish I could say they were giants, but the biggest went about 13". The old hooking arm was rusty as I missed at least half a dozen bites. I took some pictures but the camera was set to video mode - technology is not my friend.

Saw 2 other kayaks on the water today but the wind seemed to keep most people home - lake was empty when I got there.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on going out there tomorrow...also to test my fishfinder. Can't wait! will just have to deal with the wind...
    Jeff
    Native Slayer Propel 13
    Malibu Stealth 9

Comment

Sounds like a good day on the water and that the fish are finally starting to get active. That fish finder will really become helpful during the summer months when the larger bass move to off shoreline locations.
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That's awesome big mike. Suprised a little at the water temp that's a good sign, and I will definatly have the kayak ready to fish soon. We need to hook up and hit St. Marys soon. Also going to try the base ponds.

Comment

Working...
        X