Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Great looking LM!
    Mike

Comment

One tank equals a bakers dozen of mere mortal fish. Nice job and a beautiful fish.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice healthy fat LM!. Great job! What did you catch it on?

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Fantastic Perchy! I'm getting out on Friday morning.
          Were you slow rolling your killer spinner baits again?

Comment

Yeah the terminator titanium 3/4 oz ones seem to always produce. Have not gotten skunked ever and they worked from summer to late fall last year.
            Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
              Nice healthy fat LM!. Great job! What did you catch it on?

This spinnerbait in 3/4 oz:
              http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Termi...e-TT1CWSB.html

Let it sink to the bottom and retrieve it at a medium/slow speed. It can be fished year round and can sink down quickly to the 15-25 ft deep zone if you need to get it down there during the summer too. Both my northern pike and six out of seven of my 4-5 lbs class bass were caught on this lure. It does a good job imitating shad and is pretty snag less which helps with all the underwater trees in the wssc reservoirs. I don't think you need to go heavier than 3/4 oz because the thermocline at Rocky gorge doesn't seem to be deeper than 15-20 ft in the summer (bad water clarity).

Comment

Nice largemouth Perchy! Well done!

p.s. - that one has been thriving, looks to be around 20" and within one small bluegill of going 6 pounds
                Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I think it was a pregnant female full of eggs. The belly was very round.

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
                    I think it was a pregnant female full of eggs. The belly was very round.
                    no doubt a female (the egg mass she carries only accounts for about 5-8 ounces of her weight)
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish!
                      WS ATAK

Comment

Found this blurb on titanium vs stainless spinnerbaits:

"Whenever something new comes onto the market, I'm skeptical," says New Jersey pro Mike Iaconelli. "But I have to test it." So it was with the phenomenon of titanium-wire spinnerbaits, launched by Terminator.
                        Iaconelli, who is sponsored by Mann's, tested the Mann's Ti-Classic. Was it hype, or would it become part of his bag of tournament tricks?
                        "To me, the two key elements for spinnerbaits are flash and vibration," he says. "I found that titanium wire throws out a lot more vibration than steel." Most spinnerbaits use steel wire of a certain thickness, and some pros swear by certain diameters for exactly that reason: more vibration.
                        "But at the same time, titanium-wire spinnerbaits have a few weaknesses," Iaconelli continues. "In extremely heavy cover -- like heavy grass or a field of standing timber -- it flexes too much." This property of titanium makes it more resilient than steel, but it also makes it less able to pull through cover.
                        As a result, "anytime I'm fishing open or semi-open water I opt for titanium," Iaconelli says. "I'll also fish it around docks. "But in heavy-cover situations I'll go with steel wire because (the stiffer wire) acts as a weedguard."
                        You also don't have to tune a titanium spinnerbait, he says. "With a traditional spinnerbait, if you catch a couple of Lake Champlain smallmouths you have to retune the bait."
                        On the subject of smallmouths, he notes that titanium spinnerbaits aren't unbreakable as some originally thought. "They just last a lot longer."

http://www.bassfan.com/tips_article/...#ixzz3YhqQ3Y2T

Comment

nice fish man! ive never got a fish over 3lbs at the gorge. hopefully I can break that this year!

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
                            nice fish man! ive never got a fish over 3lbs at the gorge. hopefully I can break that this year!
                            I used to have a really hard time catching larger fish until I started using the 3/4 oz spinnerbaits and putting swimbait trailers on them (swim senkos/grass pigs). The big mature fish seem to key in on the 6 inch size lures.

Comment

Originally posted by perchy View Post
                              I used to have a really hard time catching larger fish until I started using the 3/4 oz spinnerbaits and putting swimbait trailers on them (swim senkos/grass pigs). The big mature fish seem to key in on the 6 inch size lures.
                              hmmm ill have to try that next time, thanks! most of my fish come on natural colored soft plastics, everything from stick worms to craws. however, by the end of a day on the gorge ive usually thrown everything in my box. I always tell myself if I had a sonar unit id catch more fish there who knows haha

Comment

Working...
                              X