Susky Brown Trout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susky Brown Trout?

Driving through Harrisburg on the way back to MD. Stopped by a traditionally productive spot to get on some smallies...nothing happening until this 19 inch brown trout took my fire-tiger striped x rap. I would have never suspected this fish...has anyone caught trout below the Statue of Liberty section of this river?- Crazy. But beautiful fish- could have been dinner, but then wifey would have found out I was fishing!- Let her go to fight another day. photo.jpg

I've seen pictures of rainbows being caught in the lower susky by the mouth of Deer Creek. Makes sense, they would get washed down after storms with the seasonal stockings
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Sparky and I know a guy who caught (and has it all on video for the non believers) a sea run brown trout in the lower Susquehanna in February on a clouser minnow on a 5wt.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsVnplmcG0
        Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
        Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Never be surprised at what swims the Susky ........... I've seen tiger Muslims, bluefish, trout, sturgeon as well as all the standard stuff

Comment

That is a first that I have heard of! That is just an amazing stretch of river. We had a month long online bass tournament up there that ended on the 12th and some of the other species that were caught included Tiger Musky, Northern Pike and Chain Pickerel.
            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
            X