Lake Anna Stripers, End of January, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Anna Stripers, End of January, 2016

Few days after 2016 snow blizzard, I fished Lake Anna, VA again for stripers. I launched from two different places:

Dike 3: The water temp was 46-49 F. I caught 8 stripers at 16-20”. Two were at 20”.

Lake Anna State Park: The water temp was 39 – 42 F. The bites were scarce. Though I found 2 schools of larger stripers. I caught 6 at 17-24”. Three were at 20”, 22” and 24”.

Fishing Log:
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Not a bad day at all!! Glad you were able to get out.

Looks like you had the lake to yourself.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

healthy fat fish for sure. and by the way, you are officially hardcore. guys with your enthusiasm are a bit disconcerting to old farts like me. I'm thinking if this guy gets on my patterns/spots, he will hammer them 24/7/365 and I won't catch but a few fish thereafter. (I fish small lakes so Lake Anna is a bit diff). As the 20lbers begin to show up, will you still post your lures, temps and patterns? Not trying to be too trollish, but I realized at some point I gotta share the little lake with a bunch of other zealots with a tackle monkey on their back and money to burn. Scouring the internet for pertinent facts and tidbits, using the Chinese espionage model - ants gathering crumbs then reassemble them into the bisquit back at base. We had a big star here quit and claim others were buying out his "hot bait" locally after he posted. (?!) Anyways, just some beer pub fishing talk. Back to chess and hard cider and gold stocks. (I only do this stuff part-time)

Comment

Working...
      X