River Fishing - Non Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Fishing - Non Kayak

Here's a non-kayak report from this afternoon. I stopped by a local river to attempt catching my first fish of the year. I visited a section of river that I know the DNR stocks with trout. 3 other guys were fishing in the area. I made my way to my favorite pool and threw a Big Nose jig spinner in lime green. After about 10 casts I had a hit, but lost the fish due to a slow hook set on my part. I kept fishing and soon saw several trout follow my lure back to shore as I reeled it in. I kept fishing and hooked a big rainbow. The fish pulled hard on my medium-light spinning outfit. I released the trout. A few casts later I hooked into a big Fallfish. The fallfish had a red coloring to it, so I'm guessing they might change color during their spawning season. I released the fallfish and caught 2 more rainbows. One of the rainbows did some nice long distance jumps. After an hour I called it quits and I was happy I went fishing and caught my first fish of 2016.
    Nope I won't give away the fishing spot. It is a well known and publicized spot that gets stocked by the DNR. So if you bought your trout stamp for 2016 I encourage you to get out there and enjoy the trout fishing. There's still plenty of trout in the pool, so I might venture back next week.

Pretty dumb trout to hit a Perch lure!
    lol

Comment

Hey Dan, thanks for letting know. I'm interested to go there and catch some big trout. Hope till my visit all of the trout fishes will remain in the pool.

Comment

Working...
      X