Rocky Gorge with Turtle135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge with Turtle135

This morning I met up with Turtle135 at Rocky Gorge. I got there around 10:30 a.m. and I left once it started to rain. By the time I paddled back to the Jeep, there was snow mixed in. I'm sure Turtle135 is still out there fishing. He's a fishing machine! I paddled down to a spot that I normally do well in the spring and it did not disappoint. I caught a 14 inch largemouth bass on a Pointer 78 and a 19 inch largemouth on a Shad Rap. Both fish fought well. I forgot how big a largemouth bass can look when it is beside the kayak. Here's some photos of the two fish.

Nice job! I'm sure things will start to heat up there as we head into April and May
    Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
    Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
    Northern Pike: 24 inches
    Crappie: 12 inches
    Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Nice little fattie!
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

That's a great catch. Very big fish indeed! I can't wait to go for fishing as well.

Comment

That was a nice one Tom! Good catching up with you again.

I stuck it out in that cold rain until about 6:00 P.M. and my 3rd pair of gloves were soaked. I caught 3 more on jigs around vertical rock but not one of them was worth pulling the camera out for.
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Great job Tom, way to start the season with some quality fish. Hope to get together soon to wet a line.
            John

Cuda 12
            F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Nice fish, I'm heading there Sunday morning and possibly Saturday if I don't go somewhere else. Which ramp did you launch from if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X