• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip! I might have to give that a shot this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

more from the Gorge over the weekend

Last edited by Turtle135; 04-04-2016, 09:12 PM.
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice! For some reason I decided to go to cash lake instead and it was a bust. No bass, 3 crappie, 2 blue gill. I'll be back at the gorge this weekend though.

Comment

Great fish Dave and nice photo!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

I am very excited to hit RG hard this season. Supplee Lane is the closest launch to me, anyone have insights they will share about that part of the reservoir? I really want to focus on a few specific bodies of water this year and I think RG is going to be my LMB spot. I have spent the last two years so excited to fish that I haven't really had a lot of success due to jumping around so much in terms of species/location/technique. I am fairly close to having a well rounded 4-5 rod LMB arsenal so I think that will be the main focus this season.
              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I've had some good success using realistic and natural pattern baits. Crank baits, crawfish plastics/jigs, spinnerbaits, straight tail worms. The fishing can get tough there though. Very tough. I've had many days without a bass. But I can almost always toss a tiny jig head with a tiny tube on an ultralight for some panfish fun. In the summer the fish go deep and can be tough to find without electronics

Comment

I was thinking of hitting Rocky Gorge this Friday but have never fished it before. Would you suggest fishing the end where the dam is or heading away from dam? Also which launch would you suggest?

Comment

I've done well at both ends. Id say just hop on google maps and see what spots of the lake you wanna fish and launch at whats nearest. I usually launch and paddle for about 30-45 minutes without fishing to get away from the very high pressure spots

Comment

I fished RG for the first time this past Sunday. I launched out of Scott's Cove and hit the two coves just north. If you have a fish finder there is some pretty interesting underwater structure (probably sunken trees) in about 10 ft of water. I was able to land a couple small LMBs with a weightless chartreuse Senko around the sunken tree stumps and brush piles. The water temp has fallen about 4 degrees since Sunday so I'm curious what effect this has on the fish. Here is a link to the water temp site - http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=01591610

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                        more from the Gorge over the weekend

I'm betting that Dave's 22 inch largemouth bass from Rocky Gorge will be the biggest bass caught on snaggedline this year. I doubt anyone will post a photo of a bass on a measuring device any bigger. Beast of a fish Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                          I'm betting that Dave's 22 inch largemouth bass from Rocky Gorge will be the biggest bass caught on snaggedline this year. I doubt anyone will post a photo of a bass on a measuring device any bigger. Beast of a fish Dave!
                          Thanks Tom! Matt Baden (aka: CB Kayak 02) caught a 22.75" last month. I have been shooting for a public water, legit 23" on the hawg trough for the last several years. Hopefully this is the year.
                          Dave

Comment

Rats!

Ok Dave, I didn't realize that Matt/CBkayak02 posted a monster!!!! I'll have to look up the report. So where did his brute come from?

No disrespect to anyone on here, but my money is on Turtle135 if anyone here is going to get a 23 inch + largemouth.

That 20 I caught last weekend was a biggie and your 22 dwarfs it. Can't imagine a 23+.

Anyway good luck to everyone and get out there now to catch a pre-spawn mule!!!

Comment

I checked the snaggedline recordbook thread and I see that Berto posted a 22.5 inch largemouth a while back.

Comment

Matt "CB kayak 02" posted his 22.75" in the MAKBF online event that ran from 02/01/16 to 03/13/16. I guess technically he never posted a picture of the bass on Snagged Line but it is a beast!

This is a link to the results page for that MAKBF event: https://www.kayakfishingseries.com/t...nt.php?id=4468
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X