Launched into Cunningham Falls Lake 4/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launched into Cunningham Falls Lake 4/23

Since I never have caught a trout from my kayak I tried a new place for me today. I drove on country roads I never have been on too. I skunked out from shore @ Bentz Pond first, then, continued the skunk on the lake. I did have a follow & a bump. Lots of bank fishing going on but not much biting despite early rain & overcast-turning-to-sunny conditions. It was great getting on the kayak. I talked to a couple other kayakers & told them about this website. Whilst I was leaving I saw a couple about to embark on their maiden voyage w/a PA 12. I'll have to try this spot again sometime.

I've never had luck at Cunningham. I work in Thurmont and fish on my lunch break or after work and have never caught a decent fish there, though I've never has a fishfinder either. My guess is there's structure you need to find. As for Bentz pond, it gets completely fished out the day after stocking. Guys in waders stand shoulder to shoulder along the shore and fish with PowerBait until the pond is empty.
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
    X