Potomac River Report/Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac River Report/Video

With the upcoming meet and greet I figured I'd put together a video from our last smallmouth outing. We were wading but the concept is still the same. Hope this helps someone new to smallmouth fishing to get on some fish!
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

I'm pumped! It's been a while since I've been up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

I know exactly where you were fishing and you fished from the WVA side of the river.

When the water is lower you can get a across to the MD side from the center and it has a huge drop off there where the main water flow is. The problem can be the rafting trips can get in the way many times.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

That fat smallie at the end was a chunk!

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
          I know exactly where you were fishing and you fished from the WVA side of the river.

When the water is lower you can get a across to the MD side from the center and it has a huge drop off there where the main water flow is. The problem can be the rafting trips can get in the way many times.
          Ha yea that's not too secretive of a spot. There's good holes in there for bass walleye and my brother even saw a musky come out of there. The problem is rafters yes but even more so that's a dangerous area. Just this year alone our SWR team has done 3 rescues out on that stretch of river.
          We honestly probably shouldn't have been out there on that day.

Zack
          Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            That fat smallie at the end was a chunk!
            There's been so many chunks this year! Most of our spots that produced dinks for the past two years are holding some nice healthy fish around 16". I know guys who've caught 19"ers consistently off the bank this year as well as a lot of nice walleye. It's been an awesome bite this year!

Zack
            Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Fun video. It reminded me of when I used to spend all day out wading the banks of the upper Delaware River during the summer.

What's that thing on your right index finger?
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                Fun video. It reminded me of when I used to spend all day out wading the banks of the upper Delaware River during the summer.

What's that thing on your right index finger?
                Wading is what my summers have consisted of since I was 16 I love it.

And that's a LineCutterz ring. It's a plastic ring with a razor inside it that makes cutting fishing line much simpler. Best $13 I ever spent!

Zack
                Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Yes, absolutely, that is a low water spot. It's hard to fish from a kayak with deep holes in it and strong water shoots. Then many places you can ardly drag the kayak through. Wading works but you got to watch those deep holes.
                  "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                  X