6/26 Rocky Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/26 Rocky Gorge

Me and my buddy launched out of Scott's cove around 530 and fished until 300. I managed 8 bass and to my surprise this catfish on a shakey head! all the catches were fairly sporadic throughout the day with no true pattern other than the same bait. He got 1 bass and one crappie. All fish were on a watermelon or green pumpkin finesse worm pegged to a shakey head. Only a few were dinks, most of the fish were healthy with the 2 pictured being the largest. Definitely need to get me a hawg trough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the Rocky Gorge photos I see posted here often, that body of water holds impressive fish.

Congratulations on your perseverance during a long outing and your catches.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Based on the Rocky Gorge photos I see posted here often, that body of water holds impressive fish.

Congratulations on your perseverance during a long outing and your catches.
      Thank you! Yes, there are plenty of good fish around and I'm convinced some trophy fish lurk around as well. It can be very tough fishing, but I think I'm starting to narrow in on what it takes to have consistent days there.

Comment

Keep at it! Rocky Gorge is a treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Keep at it! Rocky Gorge is a treasure.

Tom, a few summers ago I recall the place had you calling it Sucky Gorge lol
          Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
          Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
          Northern Pike: 24 inches
          Crappie: 12 inches
          Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

HaHa Perchy. Yup I still call it that sometimes. Ive never caught 8 bass there in one trip, so acwatkins already knows more of The Gorge's secrets than I do.

Comment

Hahaha I used to hate fishing it with my dad when I was growing up, it was a good day if we caught anything. Now that I take my fishing very seriously and am older I love it. Some of my key points when I'm there: make long casts if you're fishing the visible structure (fallen trees, rocks), use as light of line that you can feel comfortable with (I use 8lb flouro with my finesse), natural colored baits have been my most successful lures (watermelon w red flake and green pumpkin for plastics, shad and bluegill for cranks and spinners). The most important thing I've found is casting efficiency. As simple as this; the more time your bait is in the water, the higher chances of catching a fish lol I call it The Lake of 1000 casts. Hope those can help someone!

Comment

Working...
              X