Rocky Gorge 3/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge 3/17

Got out on the gorge for a couple hours yesterday from 11-5. Sun was high and warm, partly cloudy, but quite windy. The water temps were between 45-48 and a little bit stained. I started the day by fishing main lake and secondary points the best I could given the wind. With no success I worked my way into the coves looking for bank transitions, sun beaten areas, and marks on my graph. Nothing. My typical cold water formula just wasn’t working. I was fishing my way out of a cove and suddenly my little swimbait just stopped. I set the hook and immediately knew it was a big fish. At first I thought it was a catfish by the lazy but strooong pulls. Then the fish gave a massive head shake, and headed straight to deep water. At that point I considered maybe a striper? After some drag pull I finally get her to the boat and my girlfriend netted her, all 5lbs 13ozs of green gold. It was a tough day, and only for one bite, but worth every second. Good start to the season so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, we were out yesterday. 3/17, got several fish but nothing that big. Were probably fishing right near you. That's a good fish.

Comment

Outstanding! That’s why you fish in March!

Comment

That's a fish worthy of your smile.

Nice catch!
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thank you all! Hoping to get a couple more big ones as the water warms up a few degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X