little seneca lake exploration afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little seneca lake exploration afternoon

Like the title says, I went to explore little seneca lake this afternoon. I caught small crappie and yellow perch, but for the most part just peddled around exploring the lake for the first time wondering why i couldn't get anything to bite. it was a good afternoon on the water, but I marked many many more fish than I was able to entice to bite. Perhaps i'll bring/catch some minnows if I come back here again, perhaps i was using the wrong lures/jigs.
    -Justin

I've never fished there, but have seen some of the slobs caught from there. Good luck fishing and I hope you will report back with your results.

Comment

A lake I only fished a couple times with minimal success. A couple years ago we had some reports on here of guys deep jigging (25-30’) edges and catching really nice bass during the late fall and winter. Good luck if you head back, it is a pretty lake.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

There might not be a prettier lake to paddle than Little Seneca in the summer when the flowers are blooming around the shoreline. It really does feel like a place where you should be able to have double-digit numbers on any given day. The sunken timber, grass beds, depth variations, and just eyeball test are so enticing, but I've fished it 5 or 6 times from early spring to late summer and never had a day where I landed more than one decent bass. Given, it was a big fish, but I stopped visiting that lake because the juice just never seemed worth the squeeze. My lack of success is probably heavily due to operator error, but I've fished pressured lakes with less structure (like Centennial in Ellicot City) and had much better luck. Seneca is an enigma to me in that way, but I'll be darned if it doesn't draw you in and make you want to fish it! Good luck on your next outings, hopefully you can crack the code better than I did!
        Matt
        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Working...
        X