Slow that Senko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow that Senko

I’m extremely fortunate to have a community pond that supports a variety of fish. This morning when I went out nature had a nice surprise in store.

After taking the photo I started fishing a 4” Senko. Like most folks I tend to think movement entices a strike, and some days this is true even for a Senko. But this morning was not one of those days. I had cast my lure out when I got a text. Knowing it doesn’t hurt to let a Senko just drift to bottom I put my rod down and fiddled around with my phone. I’m slow with a phone and after a minute or so I saw the line twitch. I picked up the rod and had a 12” bass on the line. I did it again, and again I had a bass.

Today they were definitely suspicious of lures but they couldn’t resist something that fell to the bottom and just laid there, especially if I gave it just the tiniest of twitches after a minute or so.

This bass was yesterday afternoon, but again using a dead bait method. Next time the bites tough try slowing things down, like put it in park, you might be surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    I’m extremely fortunate to have a community pond that supports a variety of fish. This morning when I went out nature had a nice surprise in store.

After taking the photo I started fishing a 4” Senko. Like most folks I tend to think movement entices a strike, and some days this is true even for a Senko. But this morning was not one of those days. I had cast my lure out when I got a text. Knowing it doesn’t hurt to let a Senko just drift to bottom I put my rod down and fiddled around with my phone. I’m slow with a phone and after a minute or so I saw the line twitch. I picked up the rod and had a 12” bass on the line. I did it again, and again I had a bass.

Today they were definitely suspicious of lures but they couldn’t resist something that fell to the bottom and just laid there, especially if I gave it just the tiniest of twitches after a minute or so.

This bass was yesterday afternoon, but again using a dead bait method. Next time the bites tough try slowing things down, like put it in park, you might be surprised.

Senko tonight

Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice catches Mike.

By the time our restrictions are lifted, you're going to know each bass in your pond by name.

You're fortunate to have that little body of water in your community.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mike is educating the bass and crappie population in his community pond to every lure and technique in the tackle box...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X