Triadelphia 5-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia 5-30

Put in at Triadelphia lake rd this afternoon. Mostly just to get out of the house. Skunked.

One interesting thing to note, due to the resevoir being drained for so long, there are now submerged trees in this area in the middle of resevoir. The trees grew in while the water was down. I don't know when they closed the dam back up, but it must have been recently because all these trees have green leaves on them too.

It looks like great cover for fishing, in what used to be a rather barren area of water. Saw some bass patrolling the surface around these trees, but couldn't get one to bite.

Hit Triadelphia yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Zero fish caught. Fished about 75% of the time with my fly rod. Threw a rabbit zonker strip beetle spin jig I tied up for the other 25%.

The reservoir is full now. All the flooded vegetation makes it interesting, as cover is all over the place now.

Saw a snake swim across the main body of the reservoir, saw some geese, turtles, and carp jumping.

Spooked a few carp in the flooded vegetation.

Had a couple bluegills hit the popper with no hookups.

Had one fish follow my rabbit beetle spin back to the kayak, but not eat it.

Had a few sunfish peck at the rabbit strip tail end.

The vegetation fouls up your hooks and lures. Lots of debris floating on the water surface too.

I'll go back and try some different methods and locations.

Comment

I did much better at RG this past Saturday morning. 7 bass, 1 crappie, and 1 monster YP. I think you're going to be challenged with that fly rod on these resevoirs due to how deep the fish are typically hanging. I could see it working early or late running clousers or something that resembles baitfish over rocky points. Once the sun was up I didn't find any fish shallow.

Took the kids to Triadelphia sunday morning to fish from shore. My god there were a ton of trailers at greenbridge.

Comment

Working...
      X